Are you interested in WordCamp Orlando but are not exactly sure what we are all about? No problem! We’ve put together a handy FAQ to answer your most common questions.
Q. What level of WordPress knowledge do I need to attend?
A. None! Seriously, we have talks and workshops for every level of WordPress user, from those of you who don’t even have a site yet to developers, designers, and marketers.
Q. How much does WordCamp Orlando cost?
A. Thanks to the generosity of our sponsors, we are able to keep the costs down to a mere $20 a day. For that $20 you get:
- Access to all talks and workshops that day.
- All-day coffee and hot tea service.
- Hot, catered lunch by the Rosen College Catering Class.
- Swag from us and our sponsors.
- A WordCamp Orlando 2017 T-shirt
- Access to the Happiness Bar (WordPress free help desk)
- Networking opportunities with local and out of town WordPress users, professionals, and companies.
- Attendance to our after party to mingle and relax after a day of learning.
If you want to help make WordCamp Orlando a success and get your company’s name out in front of 400 attendees, we’d love to have you as a sponsor!
Q. What qualifications do I need to be a speaker?
A. You need to have information that would be useful to WordPress users OR people who make things on the Internet. You don’t need to have prior speaking experience, but it is helpful to have some to show us that your presentation will be beneficial to our attendees. Take a look at our Speaker FAQs for more info!
Q. Can I bring my kids?
A. Children are welcome at WordCamp Orlando as long as they are well-behaved and have a ticket to participate in the events. For the 7-14 crowd we have KidsCamp, now in its third year, to teach the next generation of WordPress Superheroes, bloggers, and Internetters. If your child is already WordPress-savvy they can attend WordCamp Orlando’s full programming with a regular ticket.